Saturday, October 27, 2007

Am I too late?

I meant to do this months ago but the time snuck up on me. The season has begun and I haven't made predictions...I'll do that now!

Teams to Watch:


Boston Celtics-


If you haven't watch the Celtics since Len Bias (do your research), it's time to come back. If you haven't watched since Bird retired, it's time to come back. If you only vaguely remember the Celts during Antoine Walker's tenure--come back.

Why? It's Kevin Garnett's first change of teams in his over ten year career. Paul Pierce has long since been a leader for the fledgling team and let's not count Ray Allen out. I'm sure he'll be displaying that sweet long range shot of his that we have come to love.

This season for the Celts could very well be their best ever or their biggest flop. It's hard to tell at the beginning of the season but I do hope for the three veterans that they'll at least get to second round or even to the finals (yeah right! but there's hoping right?)

Toronto Raptors



Next to watch would be our very own ball team, formerly know as the Toronto Craptors (I don't remember if I made that up or saw it somewhere!).

The Toronto Star has them all but getting the championship this year but I don't buy it. I mean what has really changed since the 2005/2006 season? A new GM (a very successful one) and a number one draft pick (that hasn't shown his value yet). Don't the two cancel each other out?

And despite what the league says, I don't think Sam Mitchell's coaching is the best. Why couldn't he produce more wins when the team was with Vince Carter. I know it's a touchy subject but had the wins been there maybe VC wouldn't have acted like a punk and thrown games--what did he have again, Jumper's Knee???

I will give credit where credit is due. They had an impressive season last year and if history is any indicator this season should only be an improvement so Toronto fans who aren't checking for the Leafs anymore can definitely find some action with the Raps now.



Phoenix Suns


Last but not least I will say the Phoenix Suns are a team to be watched this season. How many playoffs are they gonna get booted out of? Yes they make it past the first round (remember the '06 first round against the Lakers?) and they do have a two-time MVP but it's time to show and prove and seeing as everyone is healthy this should be their season. At least I want it to be.






Keep an eye on:
Miami- it's redemption time, after last season's playoff flop Shaq and 'em are looking to come back (without an injured Wade for now)
Detroit- no explanation necessary

San Antonio- defending champs? four rings in 9 years? no explanation necessary

New Jersey- I don't like them but their roster is dangerous...Vince, Kidd, Richard Jefferson and now Jamaal Magloire? sick
Houston- T-mac is one of my favourite all round player....it's time for him and Yao (with the help of Dikembe, Battier, Alston, Steve Francis-his second time with the Rockets, and Wells) to get it together

Summary:

Phoenix and San Antonio in Western Finals

Detroit and Nets in Eastern Finals

and perhaps the finals will be against the Spurs and Pistons...

How close will I come in my predictions? Only time will tell.

Stay tuned!

No comments: